How To Hide Hard Disk Partitions Using Command Prompt Without Software
Hiding hard disk partitions comes handy when we try to hide some personal stuffs from others. We can put all those files which we don’t want anyone to see and finally hide the hard disk partition. Using some software we can hide folders as well as entire partition. But do you know how to hide hard disk partition without using any software? In my earlier post I’ve shown you how to create an invisible folder, today I’m going to share another trick. Using this trick you can hide and unhide any hard disk partition quickly using some simple command in command prompt. This is a very simple process, Just follow this–
- Goto Start -> Run
- Then Type DISKPART and press ENTER
- Type list volume it will display all the partitions of your system
- Select the partition which you want to hide.For example here I’m going to hide Drive M,see the corresponding volume no in my case volume no is 9
- Now type select volume 9 and press ENTER
- Then type remove letter m this will hide the selected partition.
- To bring the drive back type select volume 9 and them assign letter m
PS: Don’t try to hide your system partition in which OS is installed.