Latest version of Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread build code named N12 “UMay” has been released for Nokia N900.The latest NitDroid build brings much improved performance than the previous build N11 “Vostok” and fixes some problems which were present.Nokia N900 runs Linux based OS Maemo 5 .NITDroid project was started to bring Android to Nokia Internet Tablets like N810,N900.Latest Gingerbread build comes with new Gapps and some new features.Unfortunately still there is no support for voice call but 3G/2G data is supported and sending and receiving sms works. Today developer e-yes announced this build in nitdroid forum.
Here is the complete changelog of this latest Gingerbread build-
- Android GingerBread 2.3.4 (GRJ22)
- New Gapps (20110503)
- much more stable than previous release (N11 “Vostok”)
- RIL: SMS sending
- RIL: Pro-active USSD sessions
- RIL: 3G Fast Dormancy (thanx to Crevetor)
- RIL: IMEISV request support
- Support for swap (optional; one can easily activate it in /default.prop)
- Permission manifests
- Market working “out-of-the-box”
- WiFi/DHCP problem
If you want to install Android Gingerbread on Nokia N900 then follow this tutorial(For N12 build) –
I’ll update the tutorial with latest Gingerbread build soon.