Google Drive – A Dropbox or SkyDrive Killer?
Google Drive is the latest trending topic in the technology world. Google Drive is a whole new cloud storage system and the latest product by Google. It was a rumor since the past 2 years or even more that Google will launch a cloud storage service and finally Google comes up with this new featured product namely Google Drive. This service will let you get access to your important files, pictures, videos, docs from anywhere and from any devices. Current cloud storage market is dominated by big players like Dropbox, Windows live SkyDrive, Box etc. It will be interesting to see how Google Drive will perform here, will it be a successful product or another failure from Google?
Why Google launched this Cloud Storage Service?
Now a lot of people argue or surprise to see another product by Google. Since Google has brought a lot of changes and improvements to the technical world and got a lot of users to its services, gradually it also provided a service to help its users to synchronize and store their data. With the growth of mobile technology especially Android mobiles, it would make it imperative for Google to offer such a data and cloud storage service to the users.
So, What is Google Drive?
This new Cloud Service can be used by anyone having a Gmail Account. Just visit Google Drive official blog and checkout that it is ready for your account or not. Google Drive provides an easy interface to upload and synchronize your files or data. It would support all major platforms like Windows PC, MAC. It also has an app for Android, iPad and iPhone as expected. This is just amazing Technology as one can share, read and edit files to the whole world.
Google Drive Features:
- When you register with it, it provides you 5 GB free storage space which covers our normal needs. Later on, this can be extended and can be move up to 25 GB for $2.50 per month.
- As mentioned earlier, it supports all major platforms like Windows PC, MAC and also has apps for iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Similar to Dropbox, Google Drive also allows you to share links of your files with others.
- Since Google Drive allows you to share all kinds of files with several extensions and even you can view some of the documents online itself like Google docs without the help of any additional Software. In short, it has Built-in-file viewers.
- Google maintains a detailed log of the files and the changes made to preserved files in your Account.
- Since your Google Drive will be attached to your Google Account, you can add an extra layer of security to it namely 2-Step Verification. So, it provides better Account Security.
- It also includes the Search future which would help you to search files easily in your Dropbox Account.
Final Words for Google Drive:
So, final words are that Google Drive has awesome interface. Some cool features like that of Search. It also released apps for several platforms so that people can access it from offline as well. It also has a feature to email any file from your Google Drive Account to any other person as an attachment with that email. Such features would make it stand it out of the crowd.
I believe it can prove a good alternative to Dropbox.