How to Book Flight Tickets Online using MakeMyTrip.com?
Formed in 2000, MakeMyTrip has been a pioneer of organizing travel itineraries online. It helps the customers to book flights, buses, trains and hotels from the comfort of home. Moreover, it helps the customers in planning their holidays and offers them lucrative travel packages. The main focus of MakeMyTrip remains central to its booking section. It offers a platform for the customer to book a tremendous range of domestic and international flights and also trains. The introduction of MakeMyTrip has reduced the unnecessary queue at the railway stations and a majority of people prefer booking their tickets online than to reach station to make the booking. The interface for MakeMyTrip is user friendly and quite easy to use, though some people might still find it difficult to use, so here we come with a guide on how to book flight tickets online using MakeMyTrip which will be unfolded in the following steps:
Steps to book airline tickets online:
1. Open MakeMyTrip.com on your browser, the webpage looks like it’s shown below. The left module of the webpage features booking for domestic flights, trains, international flights and hotels. Of them, choose the option you need the booking in, for example to book a flight, click on the flight option.
2. Now enter your departing station in the column ‘leaving from’, and enter your destination station in ‘going to’. Once you’ve entered the stations, choose your dates of travel from the column under. If you want to go to the destination station and return back to the same source station, click on ‘round trip’, in this case you’ll have to enter the dates for the return journey as well. The next step is to choose whether you want to travel in economy class or the business class, for example you intend to travel in economy, click on the ‘economy’ checkbox and click on ‘Search Flights’.
3. After you have clicked on ‘check flights’, the server returns the results for your flight options as you can see in the picture below. The next step is to choose the flight of your convenience and click on ‘Select’.
4. The moment you select the convenient flight, another page appears confirming your flight details and on the right module of the page, you can see “Fare Summary”, informing you the total price you have to pay for your travel. On the extreme bottom of the webpage, you will see the module “proceed to payment” and there will be 2 options, either to enter your mail id or proceed as a new guest, choose anyone of them according to our convenience and click on continue.
5. In the payment page, you will get different payment choices like debit card or credit card, net banking, cash card etc. If you opt for credit/debit card, you will be required to enter the name of the bank who has issued you the debit/credit card. After you chose to pay, the new webpage appears asking for your credit card/debit card holder’s name, card number, date of its expiry, the secure code/ PIN of the card and the secure code associated with it. Once you have entered all the correct details, click on submit.
6. Once you have clicked on “Submit”, a new page appears congratulating you for booking your travel with your complete ticket details and a copy of the ticket is forwarded directly to your personal mail.
So, that’s all! Hope you’d find it easy now to book flight ticket on MakeMyTrip.com and enjoy your trips! Let us know via comments if you face any problems.