What is Trojan Horse? How to Remove Trojan Horse from Computer?
Trojan Horse, a malware christened after the famous Trojan Horse from one of the Greek epics, Iliad and like the mythological horse, is deceptive and deceitful. It is a malicious program which appears as a useful software program or file but is malignant and us harmful for the computer. Trojan Horse is not a virus since it does not replicate but is very destructive for the computer hardware and software. A computer hit by Trojan Horse is capable of robbing sensitive information of end-user and even download more vicious substance on the target computer.
Trojan Horse normally consists client and server element. The predominant method of corrupting the client constituent is through attachments received in emails. There are various types of Trojan Horse like Sub7, Beast, Zeus and so on. The signs of a computer infected with a Trojan Horse include printing without command, changing screen savers, altered mouse functions and so on. When we notice such symptoms in our system then following are some of the universal rules which can be followed once a computer is detected of being attacked by Trojan Horse:
How to remove a Trojan Horse from computer?
- Access the part of the computer which is not infected by the Trojan Horse and save the files there in a memory stick or a CD.
- If you are able to start the infected computer start it in the Safe Mode of Windows.
- You can try removing it manually by following steps :
- Press Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete and then go to task manager.
- Go to Start> Computer> C: drive> Program Files> Temp files, and remove everything there.
- Remove everything from the recycle bin.
- Then head to Start > Run > and type %temp% and erase everything there present there.
- Remove everything from recycle bin again.
- Rebooting the system is another valuable option while pressing F8 simultaneously.
Automatic Trojan Horse removal:
You can go for automatic removal using an efficient antivirus to scan your entire computer :-
- Downloading the free version of application from Malewarebytes Anti-Malware can be useful.
- Running the RKill will be of great help and once its execution is over Windows System Restore should be turned off.
- After this, run the malware program that was downloaded and let it scan the entire computer. Delete all the files that are discovered by the program as being infected.
- Restart the computer and the Trojan Horse will be removed.
We can think of some wise measures to prevent our system being infected by Trojan Horse which includes not opening unsought or unasked attachments in the received emails. Then, just do not open any software which was unasked for. Keeping the programs installed on the computer updated is also a significant precaution. Also, maintaining the antivirus updated is essential. Even if you fail to protect your machine from Trojan Horse then following the above steps can help you to remove it.