Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Released! Direct Download Links
The wait is now over! Final version of the popular Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal is officially released today. This is the 17th release from Caconical, the company behind the popular Linux operating system. Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin was the earlier release of Ubuntu. Ubuntu 12.10 will offer several performance enhancements and some useful new features which will make your experience better. The latest edition Ubuntu is powered by Linux kernel 3.5 and the GNOME 3.6 desktop environment. If you are new to Ubuntu then I’ll recommend you to take the Ubuntu online tour to experience this Linux operating system without installing it. Ubuntu is now ready to complete with Windows 8 which will be released on 26th Oct.
Ubuntu 12.10 will be available in 12 different editions:
- Ubuntu Desktop,
- Ubuntu Server,
- Ubuntu Cloud Server,
- Ubuntu ARM,
- Ubuntu Netboot,
- Ubuntu Core,
- Ubuntu Studio,
New Features of Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal:
For the first time Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal will be released in DVD only format. That means you can download DVD images from the Ubuntu website and burn it on a blank DVD or USB flash drive to install it. Some notable new features of Ubuntu 12.10 are:
- Enhanced desktop experience: Ubuntu 12.10 will offer an enhanced desktop experience powered by the Unity. There are some cool features like Previews, Amazon search, new Lens and Scopes, suggestions, Web Apps integration, cleaner panel and much more.
- Web Apps: Ubuntu 12.10 will offer support for Web based applications. Ubuntu 12.10 will be the first to offer web apps support.
- Latest version of Web Browser, Office Suite and Email Client: Upto date version of LibreOffice, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird has been included with Ubuntu 12.10.
- Improved login screen: Latest edition of Ubuntu will offer the remote login feature.
- 11 new wallpapers: Ubuntu 12.10 packs 11 new wallpapers created by the community.
If you are running an older version of Ubuntu, then you will get an update notification soon. You can directly update to latest edition keeping old software and data. But it is always recommended to do a fresh install of new Ubuntu editions. Previously we have published tutorial articles on how to install Ubuntu directly from USB flash drive and how to install Ubuntu inside Windows. You can follow anyone of these articles to install Ubuntu on your computer. You can download the DVD images of Ubuntu 12.10 from their official website.
Ubuntu 12.10 direct download links:
Download Ubuntu 12.10 32bit
Download Ubuntu 12.10 64bit
You can also download Ubuntu 12.10 using BitTorrent